Re: PDF and postscript

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35867] Re: PDF and postscript
  • From: Bill Rowe <listuser at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 06:00:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 8/3/02 at 12:16 AM, mikeh1980 at optusnet.com.au (Mike) wrote:

>I'm wondering if it is possible to save a whole notebook as a
>postscript file. Some of the archived material in mathsource is
>postscript. If this is possible i wanted to see what the resulting
>file looks like in Ghostview and then maybe save as PDF from
>Ghostview.

Yes, it is possible to save a notebook as postscript and convert it to PDF using GhostView. Details of how to save a notebook file to postscript can be found on the Mathsource site. Look at item 0211-598.

There is one other issue you will need to address. A standard installation of GhostView will not include the fonts Mathematica uses. You will need to copy the needed fonts to an appropriate directory. Details on doing this can be found in the documentation for GhostView.