Reading/Writing files across networks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35902] Reading/Writing files across networks
  • From: heimann at ism.tu-berlin.de (Justus Heimann)
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 05:59:20 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

we're running Mathematica 4.2 under Linux.

Since we're working alot across networks we wonder if it is possible
with Mathematica to read and write files directly between the Linux
cluster where we've Mathematica installed and another Unix machine at
another domain (provided the permissions are set). I.e., is it
possible by calling OpenRead[...] with the appropriate options to open
a file on another domain machine for reading ? Perhaps by using pipes
?! The same applies to OpenWrite, Import, Export...

Many thanks, regards
Justus