Graphtheory package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35939] Graphtheory package
  • From: "Oliver Friedrich" <oliver.friedrich at tz-mikroelektronik.de>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 06:06:31 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hallo,

I want to do some analysis of electrical networks mainly method of node
potentials. I want to use the graph functions of the
DiscreteMathCombinatorica package to display and operate on graphs. Some
questions:

1. Is there a way to give the vertices and edges names and show these in the
graphics? Showing a graph representing a circuit without any references to
parts and nodes is not very useful.

2. Is there a automatic way to embed this graph in away that crossings of
edges are avoided as far as possible. The supllied embeddings like Radial or
Spring are not very suitable for displaying circuit diagrams.

3. Where can I get some further documentation about that package. Where is
that book of Steven Skiena still available, is there some documentation on
the web?

Thanks

Oliver Friedrich