re: Importing and computation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg36017] re: Importing and computation
  • From: Jerryphysicist at aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:34:35 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

       No problems getting a bmp image into mathematica using import and
assigning a name like "g" to it.  Once the image is in (a
displacement/deformation image created by Cosmos/Works in SolidWorks) I need
to be able to generate some kind of table of (x,y,z) or (r, theta, phi)
coordinates of the graph, and then interpolate the data into a harmonic
function (In particular Bessel functions due to the nature of the geometry of
the object being studied)...I am using Mathematica 4 and get lost...Been able
to generate a Raster list, however whenever I try to manipulate this data I
get errors, so obviously generating a raster is not the correct
procedure...HELP!!!

Jerry Mahabub