random

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg36081] random
  • From: "Siegfried Schloissnig" <schloi at mpi-cbg.de>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 05:51:45 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I don't know if anybody knows that but it's worth a shot.

I got some questions concerning the CA based random number generator in
Mathematica:
    - what's the number of CA cells used by the generator
    - is the CA circular (left neighbor of cell x0 is the 'last' cell xn)?
    - how are the random numbers generated (1 bit per CA iteration, multiple
bits per CA iteration)

Thanks,
    Siegfried