I want to get the coefficient of the Legendre-Gauss Quadrature

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg36279] I want to get the coefficient of the Legendre-Gauss Quadrature
  • From: Long Green <greentreeever at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 01:38:07 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi;
I want to get the coefficient of the Legendre-Gauss Quadrature,
I find this method is fast, but when the integration result is big, then the result is
not accurate enough, I think it is because I only use 5 coefficient to compute it.
Do you think it will be accurater when I use more coefficients to compute?
Is possible to get 16 coefficients to compute?
The 6 coefficients I use are from:
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Legendre-GaussQuadrature.html

I need more coefficients  to get accurater result.
How about the method of the Integration function built-in Mathematica?

Thanks,
Chen