Readlist with coma as decimal separator ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg36262] Readlist with coma as decimal separator ?
  • From: sebastien maerten <sebastien.maerten at iota.u-psud.fr>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 01:37:44 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I wonder if someone knows a fast way to import data from a tab-separated
file when numbers use coma (instead of point) as a decimal separator.
I know how to do this using:
  Import["MyFile.txt","Table",ConversionOptions ->{NumberPoint->","}]

However I got to noticed that Import is far much time and memory
consiming than ReadList[].

Anyone as an idea?

TIA