Java3D and Mathematica, Lookout world!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38138] Java3D and Mathematica, Lookout world!
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 04:35:05 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I just got my "hello mathematical universe" Java3D animation running,  I can
honestly say that this seems like an unbelievably powerful combination.
There are, shall we say, issues.  Nonetheless, once I get used to what best
goes into Java Code, and what best goes into Mathematica, I believe this will
redefine my idea of what Mathematica graphics are.  I'm not sure how much
direct mapping I can do between Mathematica's native graphics functions and
Java 3D.  I don't know much about extracting data from Mathematica's
graphics.  If I can get a raw numeric representation of Mathematicas
graphics, it should be fairly easy to feed this to Java3D.

This is cool!
--
STH
Hatton's Law: