Re: Mathematica Documentation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38400] Re: Mathematica Documentation
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 04:15:57 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"stevebg" <stevebg at adelphia.net> wrote in message
news:at9e6t$q74$1 at smc.vnet.net...

---Snip-------
>    Another thing that bothers me is that the error messages tell me
> nowhere near enough to help find the error easily. And so far as I know
> most of these messages are not documented anywhere. There are about 12
> entries under "error" in the book but there should be a place where you
> can just look up anything that appears in the microscopic blue print.

Steve,

You will find descriptions and examples of warning messages at

    menu>Help>Help Browser>Other Information>Warning Messages.

To find out about the warning message that is generated below

    Plot[a,{a,b,c}]

        Plot::plln: Limiting value b in {a,b,c} is not a machine-size real
number.

    Plot[a,{a,b,c}]

do the following

- select plln (not Plot::plln)
- menu>Help > Find Selected Function... >..
- click button  Other Information
- click on  Go To  button  (or on function::plln  at bottom right)