Re: What is -- Fractional integro-differentiation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38223] Re: What is -- Fractional integro-differentiation
  • From: atelesforos at hotmail.com (Orestis Vantzos)
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 03:35:57 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am as surprised about this as you are...
Anyway, in the url you specified, there is a definition for
D[z^a,{z,b}] for fractional(?) b.
Setting issues of convergence aside, one could expand f[z] in a power
series and apply the formula to each term, getting effectively
D[f[z],{z,b}].
The point of this procedure escapes me though...
Orestis