a visualization problem in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38285] a visualization problem in Mathematica
  • From: "Borut L" <gollum at email.si>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 04:17:57 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I have the following problem. Given two random points on a sphere, I would
like to connect them with a curve that goes 'approximately' on the sufrace
of the spehere. I wrote approximately, because the curve would be made of
line segments.

Connecting the points with a straigh line is achived by Line[{pt1,pt2}].

I am failing to get good ideas on how to approach the problem, would
appreciate any hint / trick / tip.

Thank you,

Borut Levart

Slovenia