Re: a visualization problem in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38345] Re: a visualization problem in Mathematica
  • From: Martin Kraus <Martin.Kraus at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 01:37:03 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Borut L wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the following problem. Given two random points on a sphere, I would
> like to connect them with a curve that goes 'approximately' on the sufrace
> of the spehere. I wrote approximately, because the curve would be made of
> line segments.
>
> Connecting the points with a straigh line is achived by Line[{pt1,pt2}].
>
> I am failing to get good ideas on how to approach the problem, would
> appreciate any hint / trick / tip.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Borut Levart
>
> Slovenia

Hi,

see this example (needs Java):

http://wwwvis.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/~kraus/LiveGraphics3D/examples/parametrized/greatcircle.html

Cheers

Martin

--
Martin Kraus, Visualization and Interactive Systems Group (VIS)
http://wwwvis.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/~kraus/
mailto:Martin.Kraus at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
--
"Who does not move, cannot get lost." (Alfred Werner)