SetComplexClass for J/Link

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38349] SetComplexClass for J/Link
  • From: mcmcclur at bulldog.unca.edu (Mark McClure)
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 01:37:22 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

As I understand it, I can write a Complex java class with a public constructor
method of the form:

   public Complex(double Re, double Im)

and mehtods re() and im() of the form:

   public double re();
   public double im();
If I place this class file in a directory on the JavaClassPath and execute
SetComplexPath["Complex"], I should then be able to pass complex numbers from
Mathematica to any java method accepting objects of type Complex.

Has anyone had any luck with this?  I haven't been able to get it to work in
Mac OS 9 or Mac OS X.

Thanks,
Mark McClure
Dept. of Mathematics
University of North Carolina at Asheville
http://www.unca.edu/~mcmcclur/