FindMinimun Function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38359] FindMinimun Function
  • From: Carlos Espitia <emup98 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 01:38:14 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Gentlemen;
We are a  research group on mineral processing of
INGEOMINAS; which is a geological institute here in
Colombia and are interested in knowing if could use
this software to solve kinetics expression like the
following:

t= C1g(X)+C2p(X)

Where
g(x) = 1- ( 1-X)^1/3  and p(X) = 1- 3(1-X)^2/3 +2(
1-X); t=time(min); X = extent of reaction % ;

According with bibliography ,through the method of
Nedler and Mead (Flexible Polyhedron search method)C1
and C2 can be obtained from minimization of the
function.

We would greateful if you could give us an orientation
to solve our experimental problem. I would ask you an
special collaboration to develop one example with the
correct syntax using the experimental results sent in
the attachment file.  [contact the author to obtain
this file).  Thanks a lot for your
collaboration and orientation.

Carlos Espitia
Georecursos Area