RE: Package problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34721] RE: [mg34711] Package problem
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 01:46:40 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Graham,

> The package starts :
> BeginPackage["Roulette`BallSim1`"]

So far, so good. Now create a folder named Roulette in the
AddOns\ExtraPackages folder. Put your package notebook there. Your package
notebook should have the name BallSim1.nb. Make all of the statements in
your notebook separate cells as far as possible. And make them
Initialization cells. When you save your notebook choose to create an
AutoSavePackage. This will create the BallSim1.m package file and each time
you modify the BallSim1.nb notebook and save it, the package file will also
automatically be updated. You should never have to directly edit a .m file.

Now load the package with

Needs["Roulette`BalSim1`"]

Also, I'm believe the names are case sensitive. Notice that the leading
context names are like directory paths. Mathematica automatically looks in
StandardPackages and ExtraPackages so you only have to give the context path
from that point down. That should work.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/