RE: Experimental`FileBrowse

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34973] RE: [mg34954] Experimental`FileBrowse
  • From: "DrBob" <majort at cox-internet.com>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 00:24:10 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I tried it again and it worked.  I don't know what happened before.  It
wasn't the usual shadowing problem; I checked ??FileBrowse and found it
in the System context.

Oh, wait!  That's the problem!!

Before, I loaded the package and then used FileBrowse[].  That still
doesn't work; you have to use the qualified name, even if you've loaded
the Experimental package.

It's a little odd that System`FileBrowse exists and does nothing,
though.

Bobby Treat