No more memory Re: Large Files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33059] No more memory Re: [mg33055] Large Files
  • From: Nikolay Andreev <andreev at mccme.ru>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 06:50:56 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mathgroup!

This is not the anwser for Erich but the question on the same message:

>   No more memory available.
>   Mathematica kernel has shut down.
>   Try quitting other applications and then retry.

What this mean, when there are and non-used big swap-file and still unused
memory??? May be somebody of you know how Mathematica is using memory. I
have very big analytically calculations and some times (I think when the
data is grothing very fast) when memory is still unused have such
message. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Nikolay

P.S. Thank all who anwsered on my previous question - I was abcent on mail
for long period and couldn't say my thanks.

Nikolay N. Andreev
Russia, 117966, GSP-1, Moscow, Gubkina 8.
Steklov Institute of Mathematics
Dep. of Function Theory
E-mail: andreev at mccme.ru
Home page: http://www.mi.ras.ru/~andreev