Re: A question about summation indicies

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33112] Re: [mg33095] A question about summation indicies
  • From: "Mark Morrissey" <mmorriss at ou.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 06:30:40 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thank you very much Tomas - I looked at FullForm after I sent the message
and saw the underlying form was the reason (i.e. tehy're different).  What I
am trying (naively) to do is to derive through mathematica an equation for
the standard error of a raingauge network I put together about 10 years ago.
I'm finding that I have to learn more to do things algebracially. I'm still
struggling with why you have to define x first.  I'll do some more
experimenting.

Thanks - Mark

Mark Morrissey
Associate Professor of Meteorology
Associate State Climatologist for Research
University of Oklahoma
710 Asp Ave, Suite 8
Norman, OK 73069
405 447-8412