A rule with condition for the elements of a list

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33132] A rule with condition for the elements of a list
  • From: guillerm at aida.usal.es (Guillermo Sanchez)
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 03:08:33 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Given a list like this :

lst = {a, b, c*t, r*s, 2*t, 3, 0};

I would like build a rule (c -> c t) for each elements c of the list
that are not function of t  that give like solution :

Out[] := {a t, b t, c t, r s t, 2 t, 3 t, 0}

I have tested the following way but they are not work

lst /. (c_ /; FreeQ[c, t]) -> c*t

and

integrate[c_, t_] := c t /; FreeQ[c, t]
lst /. c_ -> integrate[c, t]