Automatic sound recording

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33138] Automatic sound recording
  • From: Hugh Goyder <goyder at rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 03:08:41 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I would like to use my Windows computer as an instrument and collect sound
data under the control of Mathematica. How do I get it to switch on the
sound recorder, record for a given length of time and then switch off?
Mathematica can then import the file, analyse the data and wait until a
later time when it can repeat the whole operation again.
I can do all of this by using Sound Recorder from the Input menu but I have
to click the buttons. Can I get it to work automatically, and unsupervised,
by using FrontEndTokens or is there a better method?

Hugh Goyder