Creating pdf on Mac OSX

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33176] Creating pdf on Mac OSX
  • From: Asghar Bhatti <mabhatti at uiowa.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 01:56:20 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Using Mathematica 4.1, under Mac OS X, is it possible to create pdf files
simply by using the Preview feature with all Math fonts embedded? I post pdf
files on the web for my students and can't count on them having the Math
fonts.

I am long time Mathematica user and have struggled with Distiller and Math
font problems. At the moment I do not have the MacOSX version of the
Distiller. I would like to avoid purchasing it if possible. The pdf files
using the Preview look fine on my computer. However when I look at them on a
different computer some characters are messed up.

Thanks for your help.