Ma. 3.0.0, Linux, keyboard problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33209] Ma. 3.0.0, Linux, keyboard problem
  • From: Jens Olav Nygaard <jnygaard at math.sintef.no>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 03:19:25 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi there...
I have a problem with the {[]} keys... The keyboard is international
(or Norwegian, in particular) and these keys are mapped on a key
"Alt Gr" to the right of the space bare combined with 7, 8, 9 and 0.
This works fine in all other applications, but not Mathematica.

This document,

  http://library.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/1996/May/msg00124.html

specifies two solutions, but for me, non of them works.
The XMathematica-modification doesn't help, and the xmodmap-solution
breaks almost everything. Unfortunately, I don't really grasp the
workings of xmodmap, so I have difficulties understanding how to
overcome the problem using that solution, although I imagine it
would be possible.

Does anybody have a quicker fix than actually digging into xmodmap?
If so,

eternally gratefully,

Jens Olav Nygaard