Q: Using dynamic referencing for numbered equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33263] Q: Using dynamic referencing for numbered equations
  • From: Raul Martinez <rmartinez at vrinc.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 05:09:15 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

To the Group:

I use a notebook style that allows using cells for numbered equations.
Inserting or deleting an equation renumbers all the others
automatically.

When I type notes in text cells, I refer to the equations by number, as
usual, but I have been entering the equation numbers manually. As a
result, I have to change manually the references to the equations
whenever an equation is inserted or deleted. How can I have the
reference to the equation also update automatically?

Thanks in advance.

Raul Martinez