Can anyone help about this inverse laplace transform problem?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33260] Can anyone help about this inverse laplace transform problem?
  • From: "david Xia" <xiaxd at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 05:09:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

   I am a new user of Mathematica, and want to get the following inverse
laplace transform problem:

   I have 8 parameters, a,b,c,d,w1,w2,w3,w4. (Where there is a constrain
that a+b+c+d=1)

   The following is the script I tried.
   f4s=a w1/(s+a)+b w2/(s+b)+c w3/(s+c)+d w4/(s+d)
   fi=f4s/(1-f4s)
   InverseLaplaceTransform[fi,s,t]
   I tried to run it, but mathematica runs forever and can not give me an
answer. Can it be solved by Mathematica?

   Any ideas?

   Thank you very much!

David