Windows loosing focus

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33268] Windows loosing focus
  • From: "Oliver Friedrich" <oliver.friedrich at tz-mikroelektronik.de>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 05:09:29 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hallo Newsgroup,

I'm running Mathematica 3.0 on a NT4 machine. Suddenly it shows a very
annoying behaviour. Normally a Mathematica session consists of two windows,
the menu window and the notebook window.
Now following happens: If I enter some input into the notebook window and
evaluate it with Shift-Enter, the focus changes from the notebook window to
the main menu window (title bar becomes blue) and :-( remains. The focus
doesn't return to the notebook window, and the main menu continues showing
the Running... word in its title, although all evaluation is done and the
results are shown in the notebook window.
That's really annoying, every time I have to click on the notebook window to
enter new input.
What's even more strange, same thing happens sometimes when I'm going with
the cursor throw some text formulas and cells. Suddenly...bang...focus
changed to the main menu, remains there.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Please help me, I believe it's sure a problem of the front end and not
Mathematica itself...

Oliver Friedrich