Re: Re: Can anyone help about this inverse laplace transform problem?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33305] Re: [mg33279] Re: [mg33260] Can anyone help about this inverse laplace transform problem?
  • From: "david Xia" <xiaxd at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 02:22:10 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

  Thanks for your suggestion, since the expression of fi is a rational
expression, how to use mathematica to seperate fi into different parts
according to its poles? Is there a function to do this automatically?

  To find the poles, for my question, the parameters are all unknown
variables, will the find root routine find roots based on the symbolic
function? As I understand, the root function works only for numerical
solution by newton-raphson method given a initial value, am I right? If so,
then how to find root then for a symbolic function?

  Thanks for any input!

David