Shadow a part of plot without affecting frame ticks.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33318] Shadow a part of plot without affecting frame ticks.
  • From: jl_03824 at yahoo.com (Jun Lin)
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:51:20 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'll be very much appreciating if anybody would tell me how to shadow
a part of figure but leave the frame tickmarks visible. I created a
polygon (in light gray) of same shape and area as the region in the
figure which I tend to shadow. It works well, but I also noticed that
the frame tickmarks around are also shadowed. Could anybody tell me
how to avoid shadowing the frame tickmarks. Thanks very much.

Jun Lin