NextComposition - the bug?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33365] NextComposition - the bug?
- From: Nikolay Andreev <andreev at mccme.ru>
- Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 05:33:23 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Dear Mathgroup! In the Help standart packages -> discrete math -> combinatorica one can see Compositions NextComposition RandomComposition If you use Compositions[3,3] or RandomComposition[3,3] all is ok. But if you use NextComposition[3,3] the Mathematica doing nothing. It seems that there are now function with such name. Or I'm doing something rong? I'm using Mathematica 4.1 under Linux. I tried to calculate Compositions[13,13] (only 5200300 variants) but Mathematica said There are now memory The kernel shut down. And this is on the mashine with 1GB DDR and 1GB swap-file!!! Only 5200300x13 small integer numbers. Any ideas about NextComposition? Thank you, Nikolay