Mathematica and Microsoft.net

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33362] Mathematica and Microsoft.net
  • From: "Steven Shippee" <slshippee at attbi.com>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 05:33:17 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mark:

I am running .NET (dot net) server, and Mathematica reports it as:

{$System, $ProcessorType, $OperatingSystem}

{"Microsoft Windows", "x86", "WindowsNT"}

so I suspect it will not be a problem, in fact Windows reports .NET as
Microsoft Windows [Version 5.1.3590], so it is 5.1 now instead of Windows
2000 being 5.0.

Steven Shippee

shippee at jcs.mil

"Coleman, Mark" <mark.coleman at dri-wefa.com> wrote in message
news:a6rh67$env$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> Greetings!
>
> Please excuse me in advance if this question is naive or nonsensical.
>
> My firm has recently opted to adopt the Microsoft.net standard as our
platform for future development. What are the implications -- if any -- for
applications we develop using Mathematica that might someday have to operate
in a .net environment?