Approximation of a Function
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33464] Approximation of a Function
- From: Zsolt Regalyf <rezso at amalthea.elte.hu>
- Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 04:06:41 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi MathGroup! Can somebody to help me to find a solution of approximation of a function? I have a function f[x_]:=a*x+b*x^2+c*x^3, where a,b,c are known numbers. I would like to find a simplier function for f, for example g[x]=c1 x^c2 at an given interval with specified precision. How can I find the numbers c1 and c2? Thanks for Help, Zsolt Regaly.