How to pass an input to the child MathKernel?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33463] How to pass an input to the child MathKernel?
- From: Vladimir Bondarenko <vvb at mail.strace.net>
- Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 04:06:40 -0500 (EST)
- Reply-to: Vladimir Bondarenko <vvb at mail.strace.net>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Gentlemen, What is the simplest way to implement the step # 2 ? 1. From within a working MathKernel, run a new instance of the MathKernel using the same machine > 2. Pass an input to the child MathKernel 3. Evaluate the passed input within the child MathKernel 4. Return the evaluated input into the parent MathKernel 5. Close the child MathKernel Vladimir Bondarenko P.S. If I try something like > ReadList["!MathKernel", 2 + 1, RecordLists -> True] ReadList::"readf": " 3 is not a valid format specification." ReadList["!MathKernel", 3, RecordLists -> True] then I probably use the parent (old) instance of the MathKernel. If I use > ReadList[Run["MathKernel.exe"], 2 + 1, RecordLists -> True] General::"stream": " 0 is not a string, InputStream[ ], or OutputStream[ ]." ReadList[0, 3, RecordLists -> True] then I do run the child MathKernel, but it looks like that the computation was done, again, by the parent MathKernel 8-(