Re: How to pass an input to the child MathKernel?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33503] Re: [mg33463] How to pass an input to the child MathKernel?
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 01:43:57 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Vladimir Bondarenko wrote: > What is the simplest way to implement the step # 2 ? > > 1. From within a working MathKernel, run a new instance of the MathKernel > using the same machine > > 2. Pass an input to the child MathKernel > 3. Evaluate the passed input within the child MathKernel > 4. Return the evaluated input into the parent MathKernel > 5. Close the child MathKernel Using file I/O operations is probably not the best way to go about this. Try using MathLink communication instead. See the example in Section 2.12.7 of _The Mathematica Book_ (Fourth Edition) http://documents.wolfram.com/v4/MainBook/2.12.7.html -- P.J. Hinton User Interface Programmer paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.