Re: Vector Diagrams

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33468] Re: Vector Diagrams
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 04:06:48 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

Mathematica has no nice 3d arrows but you may use
the arrows from

Needs["Graphics`PlotField3D`"]

Arrow[{x_, y_, z_}, {dx_, dy_, dz_}] :=
  Graphics`PlotField3D`Private`vector3D[{x, y, z}, {dx, dy, dz}, True]

and use

poly = Polygon [ Table[{Cos[phi], Sin[phi], 0}, {phi, 0, 2Pi, 2Pi/20}]];

Show[Graphics3D[{poly,
      Arrow[{0, 0, 0}, {1, 0, 0}],
      Arrow[{0, 0, 0}, {0, 1, 0}],
      Arrow[{0, 0, 0}, {0, 0, 1}]