RE: ListPlot with multiple (related) series.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33481] RE: [mg33420] ListPlot with multiple (related) series.
  • From: David.Annetts at csiro.au
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 04:07:43 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Curt,

<snippage>

> which worked and a output a graph. Problem is, since there are three
> solutions, there are three distinct red (x) and three distinct green
> (y) points for every b.  There is no way of knowing which x goes with
> which y from this graph.
>
> How can I make a graph which preserves this information?  It is not as
> important to me to keep to color difference in x and y as it is to
> distinguish solution 1 from solution 2 from solution 3...but is there
> an easy way to do both in the same graph?

Like a legend?

You can find one in Graphics`Legend`.

For your example, I suspect you'd be better off constructing a separate
legend like ...
 lgnd = {Transpose[{legend_lines, legend_text}],
	LegendLabel->...,
	LegendOrientation->...,
	heaps of other options
	};

Then you can do something like ...
a_plt = Show[your_stuff, DisplayFunction->Identity];

final_plot = ShowLegend[a_plt, lgnd, DisplayFunction->$DisplayFunction];

Regards,

Dave.
  Dr. David Annetts             EM Modelling Analyst
  Tel: (+612) 9490 5416         CSIRO DEM, North Ryde
  Fax: (+612) 9490 5467         David.Annetts at csiro.au
                 Include "usual_disclaimers"