Re: Running Math Kernel Alone in OS X

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33519] Re: [mg33515] Running Math Kernel Alone in OS X
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <andrzej at tuins.ac.jp>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 03:44:53 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mac OS X is a unix (with a GUI) and the kernel is a unix command line
application so you have to run it from the the terminal by using (very
basic) unix commands. You should be able to start the Kernel from the
terminal by typing:

cd /Applications/"Mathematica 4.1.app"/Contents/MacOS/;./MathKernel

Andrzej Kozlowski
Toyama International University
JAPAN
http://platon.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp/andrzej/