MathLink with Visual C++ 6.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33534] MathLink with Visual C++ 6.0
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 06:13:19 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear MathGroup,

I decided that I should learn some C++ and MathLink to extend what I can do
with Mathematica. I have some C++ under my belt but am having trouble
getting started with MathLink.

Is there anyone with experience using Visual C++ 6.0 with MathLink who could
give me a hand?

I copied the required files into the VC98 folder and then tried to build the
addtwo.exe example following the "Using the integrated development
environment V6.0" instructions  in the DeveloperGuide. It seemed to run the
mprep program but did not actually create an addtwotm.c file and this caused
a fatal error. Also, I need advice on a proper form for the main function,
as the ones in the examples seem to be out of date.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/