Re: MathLink with Visual C++ 6.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33563] Re: [mg33534] MathLink with Visual C++ 6.0
  • From: "Lawrence A. Walker Jr." <lwalker701 at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 04:09:17 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi David,

Regarding your problems with generating your_filetm.c, you can try the
following ...

    Select Project -> Settings...
    Select your_file.tm in the panel on the left.
    Select the Custom Build tab.

    In the Commands section make sure you have something like ...
    mprep your_file.tm -o your_filetm.c

    In the Outputs section make sure you have something like ...
    .\your_filetm.c

Hope this helps.

Below is the form of the main() function I always use -- I am not sure
if this is the latest.

Lawrence

#if MACINTOSH_MATHLINK

int main( int argc, char* argv[])
{
    /* Due to a bug in some standard C libraries that have shipped with
     * MPW, zero is passed to MLMain below.  (If you build this program
     * as an MPW tool, you can change the zero to argc.)
     */
    argc = argc; /* suppress warning */
    return MLMain( 0, argv);
}

#elif WINDOWS_MATHLINK

#if __BORLANDC__
#pragma argsused
#endif

int PASCAL WinMain( HINSTANCE hinstCurrent, HINSTANCE hinstPrevious,
LPSTR lpszCmdLine, int nCmdShow)
{
    char  buff[512];
    char FAR * buff_start = buff;
    char FAR * argv[32];
    char FAR * FAR * argv_end = argv + 32;

    if( !MLInitializeIcon( hinstCurrent, nCmdShow)) return 1;
    MLScanString( argv, &argv_end, &lpszCmdLine, &buff_start);
    return MLMain( argv_end - argv, argv);
}

#else

int main(argc, argv)