Re: Plot problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37195] Re: [mg37179] Plot problem
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at prodigy.net.mx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:25:45 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Forget about procedural programming, i.e., no more Do's ever again. Use
MapThread:

In[1]:=
FuncList={Exp[x],Sin[y],z^3};
VarList={x,y,z};

In[3]:=
f[a_,b_]:=Plot[a,{b,-5,5}]

In[4]:=
MapThread[f,{FuncList,VarList}];

Oh, and try not to use uppercase letters in the first position of your
functions and variable names. These are reserved for Mathematica built-in
functions.

Tomas Garza
Mexico City