Re: Alternative to ListContourPlot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40556] Re: Alternative to ListContourPlot3D
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 03:37:01 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

http://phong.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~kuska/mathgl3dv3/

with it's MVListContourPlot3D[] function ?

it find and render 50 000 polygons per second on a modern
Intel/AMD CPU with OpenGL.

The tutorial has several examples with medical data from CT
scans.

You man still need a huge memory -- a 512 x 512 x 200 voxesl
data set of a human heart generate 1.7 million polygons
and need 1.2 GByte RAM.

For these high resolved data sets MathGL3d has a
ListDensityPlot3D[] that make true OpenGL based
volume rendering with a few hundred polygons.
The 3.1 beta version support shading for the
(List)DensityPlot3D[] function on nVidia cards better
with GeForce 3 chips or better

Regards
  Jens