Scientific drawing tools?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40721] Scientific drawing tools?
  • From: "Dr. Wolfgang Hintze" <weh at snafu.de>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 03:57:16 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Is there a simple way to electronically produce a scientific drawing
similar to what I can do on paper by hand in order to explain something,
e.g. a geometrical situation?
This question goes not only for mathematica but is more general. Most of
the time I use the limited drawing capabilities of Microsoft Office.
(Try to draw an arc and call it alpha).
Or do I do it on paper, scan it and import it?

Any hints welcome.
Wolfgang