Re: Dealing with large data sets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42968] Re: Dealing with large data sets
  • From: "Christos Argyropoulos M.D." <argchris at otenet.gr>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 00:53:28 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
Did you load the package Statistics`DescriptiveStatistics first ?

In[4]:=  << Statistics`DescriptiveStatistics`
data = {0.217,
0.434,
0.652,
0.217,
0.869,
0.268,
1.303,
0.433,
4.118,
0.561,
0.18,
0.359,
0.539,
0.18,
0.718,
0.139,
1.077,
0.848,
0.696,
3.976,
0.549,
0.509,
0.125,
2.498,
0.625,
0.213,
0.427,
0.64,
0.213,
0.854,
0.229,
1.28,
1.273,
0.392,
1.28,
0.764,
0.196,
3.922,
0.98,
0.183,
0.367,
0.55,
0.183,
0.734,
0.157,
1.101,
1.003,
0.602,
3.007,
0.392,
0.602,
0.154,
3.084,
0.771};
Mean[data]

Out[6]= 0.882278

I have used Mathematica (4.2 under WindowsXP) to analyse huge (microarray)
datasets consisting of  >500k numbers without problems, so if you run in any
other difficulties with your dataset you can contact me personaly (use
charg at NOmed.upatras.gr  removing NO)

Christos Argyropoulos