Re: Really need help on this Unicode thing . . . (fixed but not solved)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43115] Re: Really need help on this Unicode thing . . . (fixed but not solved)
  • From: AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 07:49:48 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <bh4mfb$poj$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu> wrote:

> Guys, I really do need some help on this
>
>     "Mathematica cannot open file UnicodeLanguageFontMapping.tr"
>
> problem, and the mismapped "]" symbols that are resulting in all my
> notebooks.

Gave up and "fixed" this the brute force way, by reinstalling Mathematica from
the original CD. Seems to be gone now.

But the question came to mind:  Suppose I'd been determined to track
down the cause, and wanted to start from wherever it is in the init
process that tries to open this file (maybe that call had been damaged).

So, how can one turn on any kind of "Trace" process from the instant
that Mathematica opens?