Re: von Neumann entropy

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43173] Re: von Neumann entropy
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <luttrell at _removemefirst_westmal.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 02:53:55 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Aha! I have now seen some other replies to your question about entropy, and
see that I was too focussed on your "0 * Ln(0) = 0" to see the rest of your
question! As others have pointed out, you have to diagonalise S = -Tr(rho
log(rho) ) first of all, and then if you encounter any zero eigenvalues you
can use the Epsilon trick I mentioned the first time round.

--
Steve Luttrell
West Malvern, UK

"Steve Luttrell" <luttrell at _removemefirst_westmal.demon.co.uk> wrote in
message news:bhfk4i$697$1 at smc.vnet.net...