Re: Re: Re: Kernel Timeout

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43127] Re: [mg43097] Re: [mg42954] Re: Kernel Timeout
  • From: William K Reinholtz <kirk.reinholtz at jpl.nasa.gov>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 07:49:57 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Perhaps you should use the OS to do this, rather than Mathematica.  For example,
on unix, solaris, linux, os x, etc it would be very easy to create a
cron job that would kill any kernel that hasn't been used for  a
certain period of time, or that has exceeded some time limit, or pretty
much whatever you can imagine.