FITS - Display problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43286] FITS - Display problem
  • From: "Pigeon, Robert" <Robert.Pigeon at drdc-rddc.gc.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 08:09:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Good day to all,
	I do not know if someone noticed that when you display a FITS image
(after an Import) the resulting image is flipped!  When I say flipped, I
mean compared to other astronomical processing programs (AIP4Win, MaxIm DL,
...).  Those programs all display the image the same way, but in Mathematica
the top becomes the bottom and the bottom becomes the top!
	That causes a problem when you try to do some work on bad pixels...
they are not where they should be.  Also, in my work, some people use
MathLab for image processing, when I try to compare images with them my
image is flip compared to them.  So it is hard to analyse what was done.
	Maybe there is something I did not understand in Importing with
Mathematica...  Someone could help me if it is so!

im = Import["path/image.fit",ConversionOptions -> {"Verbose" -> True}];
ListDensityPlot[im[[1,2]],Mesh -> False];

Robert

Robert Pigeon