Re: Re: Comment lines in different colour or font

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39584] Re: [mg39580] Re: Comment lines in different colour or font
  • From: "Y.A.Tesiram" <yas at pcomm.hfi.unimelb.edu.au>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 02:55:05 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

My apologies if my fisrt post was too much of a one-liner.
When writing functions that you can call using Get or Needs  you can use a
good editor such as VIM which has a built in syntax recognition capability
for Mathematica. But I want to know how this could be achieved in the
Notebook interface. I didn't say this in my earlier post. But yeah you can
use editors such as VIM and xedit etc to write functions. If you come
across anything else let us know.
I noticed whilst delving into J/Link that there is a thing called
SimpleFrontEnd that you can build as an interface to the MathKernel. This
has some font and colour rendering for built-in Mathematica functions. You
can find this in the .../AddOns/Applications/JLink/Examples/Part2
directory. The code can be customised I suppose to flavour your Mathemtica
experience. But there are only so many hours in a day...
Cheers Yas