Re: Heads

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38649] Re: Heads
  • From: atelesforos at hotmail.com (Orestis Vantzos)
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 00:15:16 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The answer is very,very simple.
As I have repeatedly explained in this forum, almost everything in
Mathematica is ultimately made up of symbols...and all symbols have a
full name that contains a context. Heads of expressions are definitely
NOT an exception.
Hence an expression of the form:
f[args___] is usually in reality
Global`f[args] if f is user-defined, or
System`f[args] if f is built-in.
In your case SerObject is a symbol in a context not in $ContextPath,
hence the appearance of its full name oo`Priv`SerObject.
Hope that helped,
Orestis