Re: Dot Net Framework Support

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38655] Re: [mg38587] Dot Net Framework Support
  • From: Todd Gayley <tgayley at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 00:15:43 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At 10:46 PM 12/30/02, RAyRAy wrote:
>    Does anyone know if you can use Mathematica as a backend to
> programming with
>any .NET compatiable language such as C# as the front end?  I would sooo like
>to use Dot Net and would perfer it over Java.  But if I'm forced to will use
>Java.
>
>    But if I had a choice I would like to use C# and if i don't I would really
>like Wolfram to consider this as an advantageous option, since a lot of people
>including, I, would really like and appreciate this.

Wolfram Research is working on a product that integrates Mathematica with
.NET, similar to what J/Link does for Java. You will be able to use
.NET/Link to call C# and any other .NET languages from Mathematica, and
also call Mathematica from .NET.

The project is well underway, but we have not yet established a schedule
for its release. We will make sure that this group is informed when further
details are available.

Todd Gayley
Wolfram Research