webMathematica trouble

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38662] webMathematica trouble
  • From: Barbara DaVinci <barbaradavinci at yahoo.it>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 00:16:53 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mathematica Users

I couldn't find a way to overcome an hard difficulty regarding webMathematica
and I'm in serious trouble with it.

On a 1.5GHz Pentium 4  PC I'm running Windows 98, Tomcat 4.1.18 , Java SDK 1.4.0 , webMathematica and Mathematica 4.1 with JLink :

(1) Tomcat seems running properly (I can see at url http://localhost:8080/webMathematica/index.html the HTML document)

(2) JLink works too (I got the expected output from the test suggested in webMathematicaUserGuide.nb)

(3) Java SDK let me compile Java source code with no hitch

and still the only I can get when accessing  http://localhost:8080/webMathematica/MSP/Examples/Hello

is the following disheartening message :

HTTP Status 500 -
type : Exception report
message :
description : The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
exception :
javax.servlet.ServletException: Error instantiating servlet class MSP
root cause :
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/wolfram/jlink/MathLinkException

I have inspected
C:\Programmi\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\webapps\webMathematica\WEB-INF\web.xml
and
C:\Programmi\Wolfram Research\Mathematica\4.1\AddOns\Applications\MSP\Configuration\MSP.conf
again and again and nothing obviously incorrect was found.

Please, can anybody point at a reason for a such malfunction ?

Thanks for attention !

Yours sincerely

Barbara Da Vinci

barbaradavinci at yahoo.it