Re: Re: Clearing when closing notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38747] Re: [mg38729] Re: Clearing when closing notebooks
  • From: "Eric L. Strobel" <fyzycyst at comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 04:13:14 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

on 1/7/03 7:26 AM, Jens-Peer Kuska at kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> why not say
>
> Quit[]
>
> in the last input cell of your notebook ?
>
> Regards
> Jens
>
> Mike wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to automatically clear all variables when you quit a
>> notebook?
>>
>> I.e. Sort of like having an initialization cell in reverse...a quitting
>> cell.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Mike

I think the real solution is to put a statement in the very first cell (and
make that cell an initialization cell) to clear all variables.  The net
effect is the same, namely the next time you use that notebook, all
variables are cleared.  Or have I missed some subtlety?

- Eric.
--

Eric Strobel (fyzycyst at NOSPAM^mailaps.org)

There is never a single right solution. There are always multiple
wrong ones, though.